Lead to Opportunity Conversion RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I have a field on Leads form that is not a mandatory field.  However I need something so that a lead can only be converted to an opportunity if the field has been completed.  Would I need to use a plugin to accomplish this?

Thanks

Friday, April 16, 2010 8:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• You wouldn't necessarily need a plugin. The Convert Lead options exist as a button on the Lead form toolbar and as a menu item in the Lead form Action menu. You couldhide the button and menu option if the required field is null and show the button and menu option if the required field has a value.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me onLinkedIn orTwitter, and you're welcome to sign up toCustomery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Friday, April 16, 2010 8:33 AM
  • You could check the event.Mode property within the Lead onsave event and see if one matches one of thesehttp://mscrmtools.blogspot.com/2009/01/jscript-know-which-action-raised-onsave.html so you can identify the action.

MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Friday, April 16, 2010 8:57 AM
  • Hi Guys

I have a field on Leads form that is not a mandatory field.  However I need something so that a lead can only be converted to an opportunity if the field has been completed.  Would I need to use a plugin to accomplish this?

Thanks

You should check this article . Based on this article you should add following code to OnSave event handler and activate OnSave event:

if (event.Mode == 16)//Qualify lead
    {
    	if (crmForm.all.Field_to_check.DataValue == null)
    	{
    		alert('You should fill Field_to_check field before qualify lead');
    		event.returnValue = false;
    		return false;
    	}
    }

Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    • Marked as answer by Sukh Gill Friday, April 16, 2010 9:45 AM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 9:30 AM