When I deleted completed images, ICE doesn't work next operation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

At first, sorry for my poor english.

Whenever one stitching operation has finished, I normally delete source files on windows browser.

In ICE 1.4, there is no problem because it has not import panel.

So I can do next stitching very quickly using drag&drop.

But now with 2.02, if I deleted previous finished source images,

I have to remove them first before next stitching work.

If not, ICE halted operation.

Is this a bug?

And another question.

When using stereographic mode, stitched image size is very smaller than other mode.

Why?

Thank you!

Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:03 PM

Answers

• Please try the latest update to ICE (version 2.0.3).  The new version won't get stuck when the source images are deleted.  However, it can't stitch unless the images are still present on disk, so please leave the images on disk until stitching is completed.

You can download the latest version from the ICE home page (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/ice/), or accept the automatic update the next time you run ICE.

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:03 PM

All replies

• There is a bug, that we will fix soon, that if you delete the images shown in the IMPORT pane then the UI will hang when you advance to the next phase.

But, just like the previous version of ICE, you need to keep the images around until after the progress bar in the STITCH pane finishes with "Aligning images". During this phase of processing ICE is reading the images off of disk and computing their alignment relative to each other. 

Saturday, February 7, 2015 5:03 PM
  • Please try the latest update to ICE (version 2.0.3).  The new version won't get stuck when the source images are deleted.  However, it can't stitch unless the images are still present on disk, so please leave the images on disk until stitching is completed.

You can download the latest version from the ICE home page (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/ice/), or accept the automatic update the next time you run ICE.

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:03 PM