License agreement for ultimate7 RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering because of a school project that I am currently working on what would I need to do to get ultimate7 for say 75 computers? would I need to purchase a disk for each one and by a separate license for each or could I say purchase one copy of the disk and install it on each computer? for the project we are to chose an operating system our choice for a mock business and we need to figure out what it would cost us in total between the operating system and licenses. If you could please help with the rout I should go it would be great.

Thank you,

Honnie Idleman

Monday, October 31, 2011 3:59 AM

Answers

• "HonnieIdleman" wrote in message news:0e743d56-9563-45a0-8386-e73e63566160...

I was wondering because of a school project that I am currently working on what would I need to do to get ultimate7 for say 75 computers? would I need to purchase a disk for each one and by a separate license for each or could I say purchase one copy of the disk and install it on each computer? for the project we are to chose an operating system our choice for a mock business and we need to figure out what it would cost us in total between the operating system and licenses. If you could please help with the rout I should go it would be great.

Thank you,

Honnie Idleman

What you need is not Ultimate Edition, but Enterprise – which is effectively the same thing, but only available in Volume Licensing.
    This requires that the computers be purchased with an existing license for Windows Professional, which is then upgraded to Enterprise.
    You need to start with the Volume Licensing people - https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/default.aspx

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, October 31, 2011 8:29 AM
  • I'm not sure if this will directly answer your question, but it may be useful. 

Licensing Options by Organization Size http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/licensing-options/for-organizations.aspx

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:51 PM

All replies

• "HonnieIdleman" wrote in message news:0e743d56-9563-45a0-8386-e73e63566160...

I was wondering because of a school project that I am currently working on what would I need to do to get ultimate7 for say 75 computers? would I need to purchase a disk for each one and by a separate license for each or could I say purchase one copy of the disk and install it on each computer? for the project we are to chose an operating system our choice for a mock business and we need to figure out what it would cost us in total between the operating system and licenses. If you could please help with the rout I should go it would be great.

Thank you,

Honnie Idleman

What you need is not Ultimate Edition, but Enterprise – which is effectively the same thing, but only available in Volume Licensing.
    This requires that the computers be purchased with an existing license for Windows Professional, which is then upgraded to Enterprise.
    You need to start with the Volume Licensing people - https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/default.aspx

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:29 AM
  • I was wondering because of a school project that I am currently working on what would I need to do to get ultimate7 for say 75 computers? would I need to purchase a disk for each one and by a separate license for each or could I say purchase one copy of the disk and install it on each computer? for the project we are to chose an operating system our choice for a mock business and we need to figure out what it would cost us in total between the operating system and licenses. If you could please help with the rout I should go it would be great.

Thank you,

Honnie Idleman

It is not necessary to use an Ultimate version. An Enterprise Version should do. Ultimate versions have only bitlocker and other small or minor features.

resource: https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/Registration.aspx

Monday, October 31, 2011 10:42 AM
  • "microsoft2012" wrote in message news:864c49a3-f063-482d-89b8-a34c694fe91c...

It is not necessary to use an Ultimate version. An Enterprise Version should do. Ultimate versions have only bitlocker and other small or minor features.

As does Enterprise.

Monday, October 31, 2011 11:06 AM
  • I'm not sure if this will directly answer your question, but it may be useful. 

Licensing Options by Organization Size http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/licensing-options/for-organizations.aspx

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:51 PM
  • Please visit the Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment Forum for assistance with your inquiry.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:54 PM