Fix It Invokes a Blank Window RRS feed

• Question

• Condition--> Live OneCare indicates a Status of 'Fair'.  Problems were found . . . click 'fix' to fix them now.  This is one of two machines on the one care account.  The other is fine.

Issue --> The program invokes a browser window that does not load.  there is nothing on the page and there is an empty button on the bottom right (a close button?).  In that window I can see an address in the banner
    c:\program files\microsoft windows onecare live\GTOneCare\HTML\GTAgent\html\index.htm

I've been through all of the other scans/backups etc and cannot figure out how to fix the issue
    Can you help please?

Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:41 AM

Answers

• There have been a few reports of the Fix-it window coming up blank. What is your default web browser? If it isn't IE, make that the default and see if that helps. (Control Panel, Program Access and Defaults)

When you open OneCare, does it show actions to take or just the link for "fix it?"

You may want to contact OneCare support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:19 PM

All replies

• There have been a few reports of the Fix-it window coming up blank. What is your default web browser? If it isn't IE, make that the default and see if that helps. (Control Panel, Program Access and Defaults)

When you open OneCare, does it show actions to take or just the link for "fix it?"

You may want to contact OneCare support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:19 PM
  • IE is the default browser and the current  version is 7.0.6000.16575

One care opens normally and shows actions.  Actions are listed in yellow banners.  I completed my scan action and backup action.  All I have left is one action/yellow banner that says:

Problems were found on your computer.  This PC has problems that are affecting its security or performance.  Click "Fix" to fix them now.

There is not enough information to determine what the specific problem is.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:50 PM
  • Obviously, resolving why the blank window appears when you click Fix it would be quite good, so I still think you need to contact support. You might be able to determine what OneCare thinks is a problem by opening OneCare, clicking Change Settngs, then go to the Logging Tab and click Create Support Log. A report will load in your browser.

I think we may find the information about the problems in the Performance Plus section of the reprot.

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:48 PM
  • I too am having this problem, i can not get any other anti-virus to run on Vista, so i assumed one made by windows would work, i guess the rule about assume is constant.

It is quite aggrovating that absolutely nothing works on Vista, i didn't even want it, now i can't play half my video games, use my music programs,

or even have Anti-virus? are you serious

does anyone know how to correct this fix button errror?

thanks windows for making PC so much harder than anyone could ever dream
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:20 PM
  •  KozoV wrote:
    I too am having this problem, i can not get any other anti-virus to run on Vista, so i assumed one made by windows would work, i guess the rule about assume is constant.

It is quite aggrovating that absolutely nothing works on Vista, i didn't even want it, now i can't play half my video games, use my music programs,

or even have Anti-virus? are you serious

does anyone know how to correct this fix button errror?

thanks windows for making PC so much harder than anyone could ever dream

Sorry that I don't have a better answer for you than to contact support. The link is above for how to contact support.

There are quite a few Vista capable antivirus programs, so perhaps the required fix is due to whatever is preventing other programs from working for you, too.

-steve

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:08 AM
  • You can not get live help, it is just a computer that has a very limited amount of topics,

this seems to be a common problem and it is ridiculous that you can not just post an answer to how to fix it, let just face it Vista is quite possibly the worst thing to happen to PC in all of its years of existence, products are supposed to improve with time, you can not buy a PC without Vista now a days and all Vista does is ruin everything you have, I now have an overpowered internet browser, that is all i can do with Vista, net surf, good job guys, i mine as well sell my video card because ill never need it, you can't even play 80% of the video games out there, I will never buy anything that your company will profit off of again

How you gonna make a terrible product and offer no solutions, you links bring me to the same thing as the help tab, useless computer that keeps saying, "i don't understand" that sounds like your company in a nutshell.
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 4:33 PM
  •  KozoV wrote:
    You can not get live help, it is just a computer that has a very limited amount of topics,

this seems to be a common problem and it is ridiculous that you can not just post an answer to how to fix it, let just face it Vista is quite possibly the worst thing to happen to PC in all of its years of existence, products are supposed to improve with time, you can not buy a PC without Vista now a days and all Vista does is ruin everything you have, I now have an overpowered internet browser, that is all i can do with Vista, net surf, good job guys, i mine as well sell my video card because ill never need it, you can't even play 80% of the video games out there, I will never buy anything that your company will profit off of again

How you gonna make a terrible product and offer no solutions, you links bring me to the same thing as the help tab, useless computer that keeps saying, "i don't understand" that sounds like your company in a nutshell.

I don't work for Microsoft. Live Help means online help. Follow the instructions in the FAQ on how to reach support from that path.

-steve
    Monday, January 28, 2008 3:03 AM