hleofxquotes - click Import to MS Money it does not open MS Money and complete the import. RRS feed

• Question

• Originally from https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b457af37-6537-401a-9729-8d5e99bf31ab/yahoo-free-quotes-outage-hleofxquotes-tool?forum=money#9f7812e2-165a-4adf-b69a-0dbe690616b1

---

Please help!

Up until recently, the update prices utility has been updating prices and importing into MS Money.  However, beginning today the prices will update when running the hleofxquotes tool, but when I click Import to MS Money it does not open MS Money and complete the import.

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Mike

Monday, January 1, 2018 5:09 PM

All replies

• Mike,

When you say "Tried saving to an OFX file and importing but that did not work either". Are you getting error? No error but no change to prices? Can you attached the generated OFX file?

Monday, January 1, 2018 5:10 PM
  • When I try to import the OFX file, MS Money gives the following error: You cannot perform this operation right now.  There is an online operation in progress.  Try again later.

I don't seem to be able to attach the OFX file to this post.

Friday, January 5, 2018 12:01 AM
  • Actually, I just discovered that if I save the OFX to the desktop and double-click on the OFX file, it will bring up the message stating that it will be imported the next time you start MS Money, do you want to open it now? Yes/No.  If I click Yes, it seems to work okay, but it used to give me the message stating that it will be imported the next time you start MS Money, do you want to open it now? Yes/No after clicking Import to MS Money button from the hleOfxQuotes utility once the prices have been updated.  I can live with it as it is working now, just seems to require an additional step.
    Friday, January 5, 2018 12:27 AM
  • Hi Mike,

hleofxquotes tool mimics the "double-click on *.ofx" action when you click the "Import OFX" button. Given that, the following should occur:

* If msmoney is NOT running, you will get a prompt that "import next time you start msmoney"

* If msmoney is running but is "busy" doing an online update, you will get a popup that "You cannot perform this operation right now.  There is an online operation in progress.  Try again later." There is firewall setting that will minimize this useless "online update". Search this forum  for more info on that.

* If msmoney is running and NOT busy doing an online update, you will get a popup that you need to manually click. If in hleofxquotes, you enable auto-click (Tools -> Import dialog auto-click), hleofxquotes will perform the auto-click for you.

If you'd like to try the 'Import OFX" button again,

* make sure the msmoney is running

* give it a couple of minutes to finish it initial online update so you won't get the "busy" dialog

* now try the "import OFX" button

Best,

Friday, January 5, 2018 5:10 AM