CRM 2011 Claims Based Authentication / IFD Outlook Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Using CRM 2011 on premise, configured for claims based authentication and IFD.

I have an issue with Outlook Client authenticating internally, using internal address client says unable to connect to the server due to invalid or incorrect credentials.

I am able to access the CRM Organisation through IE internally and my credentials are passed through, I can also access the IFD externally and I am prompted for credentials and then then forwarded onto the organisation.

I also have a laptop connected via VPN and installed the Outlook Client and was able to connect to the internal side of CRM without any credential issues (it asked for user name and password when setting up the client which I entered in <firstname>.<lastname> format)

I have added the ADFS and CRM sites to intranet zone in IE.

Using a self issues wildcard cert as all devices / users that will connect to CRM are internal staff.

The only thing I can thing that is different / unusual about the set up is that my intenal domain is domain.local and I have configured everything to work on the external domain domain.co.uk. I have my own in house DNS server that I have added relevent DNS records to as well as adding the same DNS records to the external DNS host.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening when it appears all aspects of claims based / IFD are working?

Look forward to some input.

Thanks

David Hodgson
    Add me on Twitter and LinkedIn
    www.infinitygroup.co.uk
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 2:52 PM

Answers