Error installing CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I get the following error when trying to install CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 R2 with premium technologies.  Not sure how to get around it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).]Invalid connection.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 1:37 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Brad,

At which stage do you get the error? Is it during the reporting services installation?

I think you'll need to give a few more details to get an answer. For example, are you using SQL 2000 or SQL 2005. SBS R2 entitles you to use SQL 2005 workgroup. If you use SQL 2005 you need to install the lastest SP, reporting services 2005 and a SQL hotfix for CRM to install without error.

If you are using SQL 2000 then are you letting CRM install reporting services or did you install it beforehand?

Also, is ISA installed on your SBS server? This can cause problems under certain situtaions.

Microsoft have a document which details instructions for installing CRM on SBS R2. Visit www.microsoft.com/downlaods and enter CRM SBS R2 in the search box.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:21 AM
  • I think all information regarding implementation CRM 3.0 on SBS you can on this link

Title: Microsoft CRM Implementation Guide - Installing Microsoft CRM Server on Microsoft Small Business Server

URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676850.aspx

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:13 PM