none
Money Plus Sunset Opens, Then Shuts Down RRS feed

• Question

• I had Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 installed on my computer.  I uninstalled it and installed Money Plus Sunset.  I can get Money to open, but after a few seconds it shuts down and I get the box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  I am running Windows XP.  Any suggestions on how to keep Money running?  Thank you for any help.

Friday, August 30, 2013 1:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• A couple of things to try:

- See if you can open the Sample.mny file.

- Have a look at the first "sticky" post in this forum:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/money-plus-bug-and-solution-mnyob99dll

and replace the mnyob99.dll file as described there.

In any case, be sure to back up your existing Money files to a safe location until you sort this out.  Let us know what you find.

Bill Becker

• Proposed as answer by Bill Becker Monday, September 2, 2013 2:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by ColemanCreative Monday, September 2, 2013 3:19 AM
    Friday, August 30, 2013 1:51 AM
  • Thank you.

I replaced the mnyob99.dll file as you suggested and Money Sunset seems to be working.

Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:36 PM
  • I had Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 installed on my computer.  I uninstalled it and installed Money Plus Sunset.  I can get Money to open, but after a few seconds it shuts down and I get the box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  I am running Windows XP.  Any suggestions on how to keep Money running?  Thank you for any help.

Did u get a solution to the problem
    Friday, August 28, 2015 2:48 AM
  • If you read the thread you will see that he did get a solution to the problem.

Bill Becker

Friday, August 28, 2015 3:03 AM