CRM 2013 Save & new button behaviour RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

We are seeing an issue with Save & new button in CRM 2013. Basically we have brought back save & new button.

The issue is,

on click of Save & new button, It is saving the current record and opening a new one on top of it. After user enter values for new record and click on Save & close, It will just close the new one and the old one will be still there in the background and shown to user. 

Is this is expected behaviour?

Thank you,

Sreeni Pavalla

Monday, August 4, 2014 5:08 PM

All replies

• Yes, you're looking at a history of what you've done.  Therefore, it's going to go back to your previous record.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, August 4, 2014 5:17 PM
  • Yes. This is expected OOB feature. 

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, August 4, 2014 5:19 PM
  • Hi Wayne ,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am not clear about "Looking at history"? what do you mean by that? 

Ravi,

Is it documented anywhere that as it is OOB feature?

My client is comparing everything with CRM 2011 as we have upgraded recently to 2013. I told them that this is typical CRM 2013 behaviour. but they are not happy, If you can provide me the link which talks about this feature , then it will be really helpful to me.

Thanks in adavnce

Sreeni Pavalla

Monday, August 4, 2014 5:33 PM
  • History meaning "things you have done".  Same as if you closed a child record in CRM 2013 you will navigate back to the parent record. I don't know if this is specifically documented anywhere, this is just core CRM 2013 behavior.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, August 4, 2014 6:26 PM
  • Hi,

As Wayne mentioned, this might not be documented somewhere. Instead you can use vanilla CRM to cross check this functionality. 

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:22 AM