repeat install RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed this software 2 times already, aand am still told by windows update that I need to install again.

Is this really neccessary or is there a way around it?

I find it annoying to do the same thing over and over again.

Also why can this software not be uninstalled?

Thanks in advance for response.

Friday, July 18, 2008 1:26 PM

Answers

• Morning Russ,

Interesting situation. First can you run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and post your results back in this thread? Please follow the directions in a sticky post I previousl wrote located @ http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2170194&SiteID=25.  This will allow us see what you are experiencing as well as possibly provide you with a solution if related to WGA. Windows Updates do not fall in the scope of the WGA forum support but I can redirect you where help can be provided :-). 

Take care Russ and I will await for your diagnostic results.

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 18, 2008 5:33 PM
  • Please look @ your forum post where you provided me with the MGA Results.  I am marking this thread as closed. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:53 PM

All replies

• Morning Russ,

Interesting situation. First can you run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and post your results back in this thread? Please follow the directions in a sticky post I previousl wrote located @ http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2170194&SiteID=25.  This will allow us see what you are experiencing as well as possibly provide you with a solution if related to WGA. Windows Updates do not fall in the scope of the WGA forum support but I can redirect you where help can be provided :-). 

Take care Russ and I will await for your diagnostic results.

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 18, 2008 5:33 PM
  • Please look @ your forum post where you provided me with the MGA Results.  I am marking this thread as closed. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:53 PM