Side by side error RRS feed

• Question

• Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong forum but this one seems to be the most relevant. I have been running into issue with trying to open an application on my desktop. I seem to be able to open it from the zip file but when I try to open it from the desktop icon I get an error that says the application failed to start becasue the side by side configuration is incorrect. I have been trying to fix the issue but it doesn't seem to be an issue with my C++ package. This is what appears in my event logs. I'm not exactly sure what to do with this.

dlls,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0"

Friday, May 8, 2020 1:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

>>Side by side error 

Could you please provide us the complete error message.

As far as I'm concerned, "Side by side configuration is incorrect" indicates that the machine is missing the correct C++ runtime components for your type of system.

I suggest you should post the issue in Windows Forum: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

Friday, May 8, 2020 5:41 AM
  • When we are unsure of what forum to use we are supposed to use the Where is the Forum For…? forum.

Did you write the program? If not then that other forum can help you best to determine how to get help.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, May 8, 2020 6:43 AM
  • I seem to be able to open it from the zip file but when I try to open it from the desktop icon I get an error that says the application failed to start becasue the side by side configuration is incorrect. I have been trying to fix the issue but it doesn't seem to be an issue with my C++ package.

Hello,

I don't believe that you can run the exe from your zip file. What do you mean that you "seem" to be able to run the programme from zip file? What have you tried to fix the issue? Why do you think it's not an issue of your C++ package? If it's not, why do you ask in the Visual C++ forum? This forum is for helping developers with problems in their own-written source code.

The error can occur when system files are corrupted. Then you must repair system files, e.g. in Powershell with the command "sfc /scannow". Or you can try to update the Visual C++ runtime: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Regards, Guido

Friday, May 8, 2020 7:17 AM