Network Owner Blocks Access to Mesh RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded and installed Mesh for my home computer, laptop computer, Windows phone and my office computer.  ALL worked flawlessly.  The office computer and the home computer are the primary needs which I have as I work from home often and I need to access data on my office machine or the cloud.  I had not stored much on the cloud but rather use the services of Mesh to connect remotely.  Everything worked .... until.

The owner of the network which I must use for work internet uses a software package that interprets Mesh as a danger to the system integrity and thus I am blocked from using it.  I suspect that it inactivates the port which Mesh uses, but I am uncertain of that.  Now the Mesh system tray icon is NOT illuminated ... ever.  At first if I attempted to navigate to www.mesh.com I would get a forbidden message from the network owner and now NOTHING happens or I just get a message which I interpret as no connection to the site at all.

I have attempted to convice the network owner IT folks that Mesh is a safe partner of MS but that has fallen on deaf ears.  No alternatives were given buty to drive the 30 miles to get to the computer that I need for the work to be done.

What can I do to access my desktop at work in a remote fashion still.

Monday, October 19, 2009 12:10 PM

Answers

• If the work IT department has decided that remote access and file sync via Live Mesh is a security risk to *their* network, you will need to discuss alternatives with them.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, October 19, 2009 2:02 PM

All replies

• If the work IT department has decided that remote access and file sync via Live Mesh is a security risk to *their* network, you will need to discuss alternatives with them.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, October 19, 2009 2:02 PM
  • While no solution to my problem, I thank you for your response.

I had tried GoToMyPC in the past with the same results.  I guess I will have to drift to a USB drive which I remove and take with me for a solution to this lack of remote computing capability.

Again thanks for your response.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 6:15 AM