Serious problems in WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I have had some terrible difficulties with WHS since I started trying to build my system a few months ago. At first, I would consistently lose network and Internet access on my system after it worked for a few minutes after booting. This was resolved after I installed Power Pack 1. Then I got the file conflict error messages and frequent crashing of the system. As a result I decided to move to one drive and turn off file duplication and any use of shares for important files. The error messages went away but not the BSOD crashes.

I decided to do a complete reinstall on a new hard drive.  The automatic update installed PP1 but this time the loss of network and Internet access on my system after a few minutes has continued. I cannot remember the exact steps I did to resolve the problem before so now I am once again stuck. I seem to remember it was related to a file released by MS in early August.

Is anybody familiar with this sort of problem? Can you give me some advice? I was relying on getting my system up and running before leaving for a long trip on Tuesday.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 1:15 PM

Answers

• Power Pack 1 was the software, which got released in the beginning of August. You would get this via Windows Update or by direct download here (for the English version).
    Constant crashes and bluescreens usually point to hardware related issues, i.e. faulty hardware, overheating, bugged drivers, weak power supply.

Especially for network drivers it happened in the past, that disabling onboard components and buy an extra card with a chip, which is supported in Windows Server 2003 with drivers, solved many if the issues.

Is your system built from new components or was it an old PC?
    What error messages do you find in the event log? What are the exact errors on BSOD?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 3:42 PM

All replies

•  

I want to clarify that the file corruption issue seems to be the one described in the sticky at the top of this forum. As well, the loss of network access did not happen until after I installed the WHS connector software on another computer.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 1:20 PM
  • jvalj said:

I have had some terrible difficulties with WHS since I started trying to build my system a few months ago. At first, I would consistently lose network and Internet access on my system after it worked for a few minutes after booting. This was resolved after I installed Power Pack 1. Then I got the file conflict error messages and frequent crashing of the system. As a result I decided to move to one drive and turn off file duplication and any use of shares for important files. The error messages went away but not the BSOD crashes.

I decided to do a complete reinstall on a new hard drive.  The automatic update installed PP1 but this time the loss of network and Internet access on my system after a few minutes has continued. I cannot remember the exact steps I did to resolve the problem before so now I am once again stuck. I seem to remember it was related to a file released by MS in early August.

Is anybody familiar with this sort of problem? Can you give me some advice? I was relying on getting my system up and running before leaving for a long trip on Tuesday.

Are you installing Server 2003 drivers for your NIC?
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 2:13 PM
  • Power Pack 1 was the software, which got released in the beginning of August. You would get this via Windows Update or by direct download here (for the English version).
    Constant crashes and bluescreens usually point to hardware related issues, i.e. faulty hardware, overheating, bugged drivers, weak power supply.

Especially for network drivers it happened in the past, that disabling onboard components and buy an extra card with a chip, which is supported in Windows Server 2003 with drivers, solved many if the issues.

Is your system built from new components or was it an old PC?
    What error messages do you find in the event log? What are the exact errors on BSOD?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 3:42 PM