CRM 3.0 Easy one here! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am creating an newly customized entity and for one of my tabs I'd like to have is the "notes" tab which allows me attach word documents...etc to it....like the default entity "account" has with the time stamp and all.

I can do without the time stamp, just wondering if there was a way to attach documents to a new customized entity?

Friday, May 30, 2008 8:13 PM

Answers

• The only out of the box way to do this is to create your cusotm entity with Notes.  Without Notes you cannot attach files directly to a record in CRM.  There is no separation of Notes and Attachments in the MSCRM world.

Fronk

Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:26 AM
  • you can attache notes using cusotmization

open custom entity and see there is notes , activities checkboxes, you can select and it will be with you.

do you want to remove time stamp???

Regards,

Imran

mscrmexpert@gmail.com

Monday, June 2, 2008 6:51 AM

All replies

• The only out of the box way to do this is to create your cusotm entity with Notes.  Without Notes you cannot attach files directly to a record in CRM.  There is no separation of Notes and Attachments in the MSCRM world.

Fronk

Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:26 AM
  • you can attache notes using cusotmization

open custom entity and see there is notes , activities checkboxes, you can select and it will be with you.

do you want to remove time stamp???

Regards,

Imran

mscrmexpert@gmail.com

Monday, June 2, 2008 6:51 AM
  •  

sorry for the late response...no I'd like to actually keep the timestamp too. It's pretty resourceful when tracking our leads to see if/when data/files are being entered.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:02 PM
  •  

Thanks guys! Worked perfectly!
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:16 PM