none
FEEL CHEATED

Question

• I recently joined MSDN and SUBSCRIBED to MSDN FLASH AND EXPLORING WINDOWS so as far as i was aware i had an ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION on 06.08.09 so i would receive a download copy and key for WINDOWS 7 RTM

I have been told today by MSDN that i DO NOT HAVE AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION

I ask myself, how many more people have thought they had an ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION, only to be told THEY DO NOT
    Monday, August 10, 2009 9:44 PM

All replies

• MSDN is really two things.  I went through this same confusion at one point myself a few years ago.  MSDN is both an online community that offers forums, the "MSDN Library", certain downloads and support, as well as general connection with the developer community, and it is also a paid service whereby you can get access to certain things.  The MSDN service that offers RTM and beta releases is not the "free half" of MSDN.  It's the pay half of MSDN.  If you've paid your MSDN fees, and you still don't have an active subscription, then you definately have a problem and need to contact MSDN customer service again.  If, however, you're not out a hefty chunk of change, all you've lost is a bit of time, and for that I'm sorry. 

The page to go to buy subscriptions to the "pay version" is here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/buy.aspx

AFAIK, you can still purchase a subscription and have access to Windows 7 RTM, but as you might find, and MSDN subscription is far more expensive than simply purchasing the software when it comes out, so if you only wish to have Windows 7, I'd give it a couple more months.  

Also, if your company is a Microsoft Partner or has an MSDN subscription, you might want to check with them, and you might be able to obtain a copy through your company.  
    Coding Light - Illuminated Ideas and Algorithms in Software
    Coding Light WikiTwitterLinkedInForumsBrowser
    Monday, August 10, 2009 10:06 PM
  • The "MSDN Operating Systems" subscription is a pretty good deal for $699, but for $349, you can get a TechNet Plus subsciption, which also allows you to download the operating systems.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 10:34 PM