Is it possible to bulk configure 1000 users at once in OCS? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi, I couldn't find the answer to this after a bit of searching. After creating a 1000 users in active directory and exporting them to OCS there's a problem that the users aren't configured correctly in OCS. For each user it's necessary to Enable remote call control and fill in a number of other fields.

Is there a way to do this so a human doesn't have do all 1000 by hand? As that human, please save me :-)

thanx

Friday, October 17, 2008 9:23 PM

All replies

• There are a few wsf scripts in the resource kit that can be used for bulk administration.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b9bf4f71-fb0b-4de9-962f-c56b70a8aecd&displaylang=en

Friday, October 17, 2008 9:58 PM
  • Excellent. Thanks. I think that will work. However when I try moveusers.wsf it pops me into a debugger with an exeception in write msg. I've never used wsf before. Is there anything special that needs to happen for it to work?
    Friday, October 17, 2008 10:08 PM
  • You need to put cscript in front of it, try running this from a command line, using your own path to the script:

cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\ResKit\moveusers.wsf"

Friday, October 17, 2008 10:18 PM
  • This may help as well; you can modify the raw attributes to get the same results:

http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=29

Monday, October 20, 2008 1:13 AM
  • Thanks for this and the following post. This really helps.
    Monday, October 20, 2008 5:16 PM
  • How do you guys learn all this stuff? A lot to learn. I think I'm still before crawling.

Is there anything that describes how moveusers.wsf is supposed to work? I run it and it asks me for a user@domain. I give one.

Then it presents:

1- x.y.company.com

I have no idea what to put here. So I just put 1 since it seems to want an int.
    Then in the directory I see files like results00001.passed

Not what I was expecting. I was hoping to get a data dump that I could manipulate and then reimport with my changes. So far I'm even getting the data out correctly.

Can anyone please help with what I'm missing?

thanx
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:44 AM
  • I've never used it myself, but if you open the script in notepad there are some instructions in there at the top. Also look for OCS_ResourceKitTools_ReadMe.doc which is installed with the tools, this also has some explanations.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:05 PM
  • Thanks. I didn't see the doc. That's helps a lot.
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:54 PM