none
ad-hoc on windows 10 and not normal hotspot

Question

• I play Counter Strike so I need to create a Local network to connect the PCs.

When we started playing in 2013 there were Windows 7 PCs and few Windows 8 PCs.

First of all, let me tell you by my experience that the ad-hoc network created by windows 7 pc is much stronger than hotspot created by windows 8 pc. There is no lag or framing in the game when we create ad-hoc on windows 7 pc while there is a lot of lag or framing when we connect all PCs to a hotspot created on windows 8.

Microsoft has removed the option of create ad-hoc network from windows 8, windows 8.1 and windows 10 under network and sharing centre > set up a new connection or network  section...........   This was a huge mistake from your side and a pain in the ass for gamers like us.

To play further, what I did was to keep windows 7 along with latest OS on my PC (Dual OS). Till windows 8 everything was fine, I used to create ad-hoc on my windows 7 PC and other players with windows 8 PCs connected to it. But when Windows 8.1 came, it didn't show the ad-hoc network (window 7) no more in the wifi section. Somehow I got the procedure to connect from here (microsoft answers) only.

And now Windows 10 came, it shows ad-hoc network (windows 7) in wi-fi section but is not able to connect to it and I have to use the same earlier procedure to connect which is not a simple one.

So, please help me out with it.......and tell Microsoft to provide an update which includes two things :-

1. Option to create ad-hoc network as in Windows 7.

2. Ability to connect to these ad-hoc networks.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, February 2, 2016 3:16 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:18 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 3:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl