Office 2007 Trial version Validation Issue, PDFMaker add-in RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone else encountered  a problem trying to download the PDFMaker add-in after installing the Office 2007 Trial Version? In order to download the ADD-In you need to validate your copy of Office 2007. Each time that I have tried I was informed that I could not do so because this Office 2007 is a trial version. A review of the add-ins revealed that the PDFMaker add-in is installed, regardless each time that I try to create, print or convert to PDF I receive a box informing me to download the add-in. When I attempt to do so I am instructed to validate my copy of Office 2007. I reported the problem to Microsoft only to be told that Microsoft does not support trial versions. I was forced to download Primo PDFMaker and that program works.
    Monday, January 1, 2007 8:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Carmine,

Currently if the only Office product installed is a trial version, you may not be eligible for all 'genuine only' (validation required) components.  Once you convert to a full (non-trial) product you will be eligible to download all validaiton required components.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:25 AM
  • I have the same problem. I have a valid Office2003 license. At the officeupdate website I read the option to upgrade to the trial version of Office 2007. I did this, but now i am not able to test the PDF writer capabilities. And as far as I know it is also not possible yet to buy a Office2007 license. How can I fix this? Should I return to my previous Office2003 version and remove Office 2007?

Regards,

Ronald

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:19 AM
  • Hi Ronald,

Good news!  We have had many requests for our trial only customer to be able to obtain many of the Office 2007 downloads.  The business rules surrounding this will be changed this week so you can start trying everything out!!!  The change will not go into effect until sometime tomorrow, so I would recommend trying to get the download on Friday, 1/26/07. 

So...just keep your Office 2007 Trial installed, wait until Friday...and obtain the download! 

THANK YOU for your feedback!

~Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Carmine,

Currently if the only Office product installed is a trial version, you may not be eligible for all 'genuine only' (validation required) components.  Once you convert to a full (non-trial) product you will be eligible to download all validaiton required components.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:25 AM
  • I have the same problem. I have a valid Office2003 license. At the officeupdate website I read the option to upgrade to the trial version of Office 2007. I did this, but now i am not able to test the PDF writer capabilities. And as far as I know it is also not possible yet to buy a Office2007 license. How can I fix this? Should I return to my previous Office2003 version and remove Office 2007?

Regards,

Ronald

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:19 AM
  • Hi Ronald,

Good news!  We have had many requests for our trial only customer to be able to obtain many of the Office 2007 downloads.  The business rules surrounding this will be changed this week so you can start trying everything out!!!  The change will not go into effect until sometime tomorrow, so I would recommend trying to get the download on Friday, 1/26/07. 

So...just keep your Office 2007 Trial installed, wait until Friday...and obtain the download! 

THANK YOU for your feedback!

~Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:13 AM