Getting Deleted Records ID's From Microsoft Dynamics CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a mobile application where I download the CRM records like Leads,Contacts etc and store them in my local databse. So the next time when I download Leads, I want to delete those leads from my local databse which are deleted in the server between my First download and the second download. So is there a way in crm webservice to get the dlelted record's ID's from server.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:22 AM

Answers

• Web Services conceal deleted records, until they are actually removed from the database when the scheduled async deletion job occurs.  In effect, once a record is deleted, for all intents and purposes, it's no longer there.  You could assume that the failure to retrieve it is an indicator that it has been removed, or a differential between the ids you've polled and the ids you have stored could do that as well.  Otherwise, the only way to have CRM tell you what was deleted, would be to establish an auditing mechanism that records each deletion, and which your mobile application would reference to remove the records in question.

Dave Berry
    Monday, November 23, 2009 8:07 PM