none
Can't set reminders in Windows Live Mail

Question

• I am using Windows Live Mail (downloaded in Windows Essentials) as my email client on Windows 8.1, as I greatly prefer it to the Mail app.

In the Calendar section, the "Reminders" button is greyed out, and when I create a new event, the "reminder" drop box is also greyed out, so I can't set reminders at all.

This wasn't the case when I started using WLM - maybe a Windows Update has screwed it? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Monday, July 20, 2015 3:10 PM

All replies

• Did you manage to find out how to solve the above gplondon?  The same is happening to me now.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:19 AM
  • Ah, that was a while ago! I stopped using WLM because the calendar only sends email reminders, not pop-ups. Also, you have to be online and signed in - maybe not being signed in is why it's greyed out?

Anyway, I eventually got an old copy of Outlook 2007 which is still running fine now I'm on Windows 10. I do prefer its integration of calendar/contacts/email.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 2:29 PM
  • HI gplondon

I have had the same problem. Copy and paste this link into your browser, for the reason Why.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Windows-Live-Mail-2012-will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com-45453b92-373b-4bbb-88ca-f8ec74f8e8fd?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

To say I am Very Angry would be an understatement. This Happens with No warning of the consequence from Microsoft. I have spent Five days investigating the problem. I spent Three days Communicating with Microsoft Support, they were No help, before I discovered this article on the Microsoft site My Self.

And apparently the only answer is to close your Microsoft Account! And suffer the Consequences!

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:32 PM
  • HI John

I have had the same problem. Copy and paste this link into your browser, for the reason Why.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Windows-Live-Mail-2012-will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com-45453b92-373b-4bbb-88ca-f8ec74f8e8fd?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

To say I am Very Angry would be an understatement. This Happens with No warning of the consequence from Microsoft. I have spent Five days investigating the problem. I spent Three days Communicating with Microsoft Support, they were No help, before I discovered this article on the Microsoft site My Self.

And apparently the only answer is to close your Microsoft Account! And suffer the Consequences!
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:36 PM