WHS Connector software not working on Windows 10 64 Bit PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I keep getting an error on the Connector software every time it is either launched from a saved file or using browser to connect to WHS server using servername/connect on the second loaded page it reads

"Cannot connect the computer to the server because either another software installation is in progress, or, the computer has a restart pending. Either complete the installation process, or, restart the computer and try to connect again."

There is only a Close button option and in spite of checking there are no software installations or updates pending and also checking there is no restart pending, once the PC has once again been restarted the same error appears!

Please help as none of the attempts to discover if there is an issue with networking or using a troubleshooter allows for any resolution of the issue. 

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please confirm that if the hotfix mentioned in KB 2723674 is helpful. Or, you can reference section “Let me fix it myself” to manually fix this problem.

"Cannot connect the computer to the server" error message after you install the client connect on a client computer:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2723674/-cannot-connect-the-computer-to-the-server-error-message-after-you-ins

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 1:59 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, August 7, 2017 8:29 AM