Installing updates RRS feed

• Question

• Is it normal for WIndows Live One Care to have updates each and every day, sometimes more than once a day.  I've had it on my system several months and don't recall this message this much.  Everytime I turn the computer off it tells me that WLOC is installing an update it will continue to shut down etc etc.
    Thanks
    Friday, March 27, 2009 9:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• It is normal for One Care to receive definition updates daily or more often. The message you see at shutdown most likely is caused by a build upgrade that is failing to install properly. I suggest contacting support for help with resolving this issue. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim
    Friday, March 27, 2009 11:11 PM
  • Concerning the daily definition updates, I have pathetically slow dial-up because of my remote location.  Can I set the update download timing to occur when I am not using the internet so I am not slowed down even more?

Thanks.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 9:23 PM
  • There is no way to control the timing of One Care checking for updates. This should have minimal impact on even a dial up connection since One Care uses the Windows BITS service to update.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:21 PM