SYNC Adapter Builder for sql express RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to develop a sync framework which would enable my application to sync between sql express on the client side (my client running on tablet pc or laptops) and SQL Server 2005 on the server.

Now based on the sample and the wrapper which was written to demostrate sync between sql express and any flavor of sql server, I have started desigining the framework for my sync server.

Then I came across this sync adpater builder which I understand would help reduce my coding for generating the sync logic for all tables involved (we have about 200 tables which needs to be synchronized as part of our app).

The question is would this sync adapter builder also work for sql express or is it specific for sql ce only. If so would there be a sync adapter builder available for sql express soon.

Pls any help would be appreciated.

• Moved by Tina_Tian Friday, April 22, 2011 8:05 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, October 10, 2008 6:25 AM

All replies

• SyncAdapterBuilder is for SQL endpoints. THe CE client provider handles it slightly differently due to the way CE does change tracking. You should be able to use the SyncAdapterBuilder to generate your adapters for the SQL server 2005 server and express endpoints.

Friday, October 10, 2008 5:41 PM
  • Thanks for the info.

But is there any sample available which shows use of SyncAdapterBuilder with SQL Express.

Just some small sample would also help me implement it for my complete application.

Pls do let me know

Monday, October 13, 2008 6:28 AM