Conversion of MS Money 99 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working now 18 years with MS money. All the data gathered is in MS Money 99 UK version, which I have been using so far. I have been trying to convert the data to MS Money 2005 UK, as I found on the internet that this is required to get it into a recent version of Quicken. So far I was without success as the conversion stopped at a certain time, due to an error and the money 2005 just shuts down (possible ude to the hugh number of entries). I found by googling that an intermediate conversion to Money 2002 UK might help. 

Question: Is this a know issue for converting money data? Is there a version of Money 2002 UK available for downloading?

Thursday, October 9, 2014 3:06 PM

All replies

• I would find a copy of your unconverted Money 99 file, and put a copy into your Documents folder. This file might have been renamed to *.mn7

In Money 2005, try to make a repaired version of this file. Use an identifiable name for the output file.   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466 tells how. Then see if Money 2005 UK can open that file.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 8:17 PM
  • I tried all the option of opening and repairing using Money 2005, however unsuccessful.<o:p></o:p>

When repairing it returns with the message successful repair but still I am not able to open it. First time of trying to open it just
    shuts down opening after 10 minutes. The second time it shuts down Money with error message after 1 minute.<o:p></o:p>

Could the amount of data be a cause for the problem?<o:p></o:p>

Still if someone has Money 2002 UK or 2003 UK available (even trial version) for conversion I would like to try this.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Any help or idea how to be able to convert the data is welcome as I have 18 years of data in there that I do not want to lose.<o:p></o:p>

Saturday, December 6, 2014 6:08 PM
  • All of the options? Try level 2 and then level 1 and then level 2 again. Use the original *.mny as the starting point.

You could do QIF export from the computer running Money 99, and import (all at once) into Money 2005  You would lose some things, including stock symbols, bills, and other stuff. But you would have transactions. You would have a *very* clean file. If you decide to do that, there are tips. In particular, be sure you understand the "all at once" bit where you use Ctrl+click.

You could probably import the QIF files right into Quicken, but I don't know the procedure for that.

Saturday, December 6, 2014 6:32 PM