Issues with Office 365 Mail Accounts with Apple iOS Mail App RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Currently have an issue with the iOS mail app when used alongside an Office 365 mailbox that is enabled for multi-factor authentication.

If I configured my iPhone 11 mail with this an Office 365 MFA enabled account it allows me to configure the account fine and is then visible within the mailbox with the latest emails there.

Intermittently when the phone changes Wi-Fi connection or even goes over to 4g the phone will then prompt for a two-factor authentication, I would expect that there would be some sort of token that refreshes occasionally rather on a network change.

It’s important to note that this is an issue that is not always able to be replicated and only happens from time to time.

This issue has come up on multiple devices, the details of my test iPhone are:

iOs version: 13.5.1

Model name: iPhone 11

Looking online it seems other people are having similar problems:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/identity-authentication/configuring-ios-12-for-o365-exchange-using-mfa-oauth/m-p/227194

http://noadminrights.com/2018/10/office-365-mfa-with-outlook-ios-mail-not-working/

Hopefully, somebody out there is able to suggest a tweak or a fix to get this running without issues.

Thanks in advance.

-Adam

P.S IF THIS HAS BEEN POSTED IN THE INCORRECT FORUM, PLEASE RE-ASSIGN

Friday, July 17, 2020 1:05 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

>> Intermittently when the phone changes Wi-Fi connection or even goes over to 4g the phone will then prompt for a two-factor authentication, I would expect that there would be some sort of token that refreshes occasionally rather on a network change.

To confirm if this issue only happens when you using specific mobile mail apps with specific email account. Please try to add the same email account with multi-factor authentication to Outlook for iOS APP to see if the issue is related to the iOS mail app. Or you can try to add other email accounts which enabled multi-factor authentication as well to your iOS mail app to see if the issue has relationships with the multi-factor authentication feature.

Besides, since we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client, I'm afraid little we can help about issues on mobile phone. To better solve your issue, please try to contact the support of the multi-factor authentication feature or the iOS mail app for more information.Thanks for your understanding and hope your question will be resolved soon.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 17, 2020 8:06 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 11:53 AM