Media Server is off RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have one big problem with windows home server 2011. When i have installed it everything works great. but the after a while the media server is turned off in dashbords server setting. I try to enable it by cliking it, but it just jumpes back to off. I have also tried to enable it from network settings (choose media streaming options for computers and devices. But the grey button just clikes and nothing happen.

Best reagard.

Friday, August 26, 2011 3:02 PM

All replies

• Not anyone that have a solution on this? i have tried to reinstall WHS but with no result. Just the same as above.
    Friday, August 26, 2011 9:39 PM
  • Never heard of this problem before. Have you installed any add-ins?
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Friday, August 26, 2011 10:15 PM
  • No! i just made a fresh install yesterday to make sure there was no conflicts with add-ins. It works normally for a while then it turns off. The only program that i have installed is Allway Sync.

Friday, August 26, 2011 10:56 PM
  • Not familiar with Allway Sync, but it is not supported on any server platform. Does the problem still occur without it? Did you do any other customisation especially outside the Dashboard after the fresh install? Did the problem occur immediately after the fresh install and Windows Updates?
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Friday, August 26, 2011 11:02 PM
  • The only modifactions outside the dashboard i have made is changing the IP to static and pointing the default gateway to my router for internet access.

I have also played with share and storage management to stop sharing on video catalog and then recreate the folder inside the dashbord. becuase i alreade have a folder with the videos in. in that way i didnt have to copy all the files. And the media server worked after that for a couple of hours.

Friday, August 26, 2011 11:16 PM
  • All I can suggest is doing another re-install and not playing with anything until you work out whether streaming is fully working. As I ahve said, I have not heard of this before and I can't see it being a hardware problem.
    Friday, August 26, 2011 11:25 PM