Understanding Applied Requests and Errors RRS feed

• Question

• We are using PS2007 sp2 june 2010cu

In The Applied Requests and Errors page, I am noticing a couple of things. 

1.Sometimes after we publish from this page, the publish column does not show "yes" for the project published until hours later.  The queue shows that the job was successful.  Has anyone else noticed this?

2. I have a few project schedules with multiple status managers.  Both status managers on one project plan can see each others accepted or rejected upates in the Applied Requests and Errors page and can publish.  Not all of each others tasks will appear for the other person.  what causes this? 

Friday, April 8, 2011 9:32 PM

Answers

• I believe that for projects with multiple status managers, each status manager sees all updates for that project in the "Applied Requests and Errors" page, whether or not they are the status manager for that particular task.  They do not see updates for projects where they are not the status manager for any tasks.

I have not tested this explicitly but have noticed this behavior in cases where I create a project plan and later transfer ownership to one of the PM's; I see the updates for these projects in my Applied Requests screen.

Terrie T - MCTS - PMP - MBA****PMO & Project Server Admin
    Monday, April 18, 2011 5:27 PM

All replies

• For your point 1 could it be a browser cache issue ? as in background it would have been published, which is confirmed from queue operation, but on the page it doesn't shows and show up only hours later, would suggest delete cache of browser upon publishing and try re opening the page

to your point 2 could you identify and provide some more details on what specific kind of tasks are visible to both of the status managers? could it be a task which was intially having a status manager A and had some progress reported which was approved by status Manager A later the status manager was changed to Status Manager B and for the rest progress he had been approving ?

Hope this helps 

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:29 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

We did clear the IE cache and that did not see to work.

THe senario you've descibed is not true for the tasks that are showing un in the wrong status manager's Applied task updates, requests and errors page. So far there seem to be no dfferences when compare to tasks that are not showing this begavior. 

Monday, April 18, 2011 3:33 PM
  • I believe that for projects with multiple status managers, each status manager sees all updates for that project in the "Applied Requests and Errors" page, whether or not they are the status manager for that particular task.  They do not see updates for projects where they are not the status manager for any tasks.

I have not tested this explicitly but have noticed this behavior in cases where I create a project plan and later transfer ownership to one of the PM's; I see the updates for these projects in my Applied Requests screen.

Terrie T - MCTS - PMP - MBA****PMO & Project Server Admin
    Monday, April 18, 2011 5:27 PM