Node Exclusive Property RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

we have compute nodes with 16 cores. I have set Exclusive to be false for jobs on a job template.

So I would expect a user can submit more than one job to execute concurrently on the same node, providing it doesn't exceed the core count. This works fine.

Is it possible to have a job from user A and a job from user B run concurrently on a given worker node??

If so is there a limit to the number of different users that can be concurrently running jobs on the node?

Many thanks in advance

regards

Jon

Friday, October 25, 2013 4:46 PM

All replies

• I don't have a problem running job of different user on the same compute node.Try this:

1.Create nodegroup TestGroup and add compute node(s) to it

2.In Windows console type : runas /user:user_name@domain cmd

3.Provide password for the user

4.When new console opens with user context type : job submit /nodegroup:TestGroup calc.exe

5.Verify that the job is running in the user context (Owner tab in ClusterManager\Job Management or log in to compute node and check the owner of calc.exe program)

6.Repeat steps 2-5 for different users

As for limitation ,you are limited by resourcces rather than the number of users.HPC cluster is fully domain environment.It would be inconsistent if there is limit for users.As long as domain controller can handle all the user accounts there should be no problem on HPC cluster side.

Daniel Drypczewski

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:57 AM