Why is the output file zoomed in or cropped from the original? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a GoPro Hero4 Black Edition with 1080p SuperView 30 fps. In the output file, it looks like Hyperlapse has just cut out a 1280x720p segment from the middle of the original image. I was using 1920x1080 resolution for both the capture and settings for the output file. I get the same problem using other resolutions. 

http://i.imgur.com/lFosTdM.jpg

Sunday, May 31, 2015 7:39 AM

Answers

• In order to stabilise the image Hyperlapse has to move its crop window around from one frame to the next to produce a smooth video. This is the effect you see in your screenshot and this is why so much processing is required for each video. If you see a dashcam hyperlapse you might notice that the road ahead stays nice and smooth whilst anything in the car (in my case the wiper blade) moves all over the place.

Alex

Friday, June 19, 2015 8:46 PM

All replies

• In order to stabilise the image Hyperlapse has to move its crop window around from one frame to the next to produce a smooth video. This is the effect you see in your screenshot and this is why so much processing is required for each video. If you see a dashcam hyperlapse you might notice that the road ahead stays nice and smooth whilst anything in the car (in my case the wiper blade) moves all over the place.

Alex

Friday, June 19, 2015 8:46 PM
  • It would be great if there was an option to enable / disable this. In any case where you might want to hyperlapse part of a video, or hyperlapse a video at different speeds and stitch it back together this makes it impossible.
    Monday, August 3, 2015 2:44 AM