Streets & Trips licensing initialization error 0xC004D301 RRS feed

• Question

• I used the free trial with no problems for the 14 day period. I purchased the software w/ GPS at Staples it worked fine the first day. On the 2nd day it locked up everything I couldn't even end task with task mgr. I had to hold down the power button on my laptop. Now when I try to start the program it give me an error message.  "licensing initialization error has occured contact support" error code 0xC004D301. I have tried using online support but I cant provide the product number since I cant open the program. I am stuck in a loop and am very frustrated. I chatted with three reps and they all gave me the link to the page that asks for the product ID. I feel like I am dealing with a government agency lol. Can someone please help me???
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:00 PM

All replies

• FYI...I also tried to uninstall and reinstall with the disk provided when purchased. I get the same error message, also tried system restore to the point when I entered the product license key (not to be confused with the "product ID")
    • Edited by Kevin B NY Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:24 PM
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:24 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

There is a seven page long discussion opf this error over at Laptop GPS World http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/938-streets-trips-licensing-initialization-error-0xc004d301 - see if there's anything there that could help you.

http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/

Sunday, July 29, 2012 5:32 PM
  • The only way I've found to fix it is to call Microsoft Support at 800-642-7626 and follow the prompts. You'll want technical support, business or private use, etc. They should have a free solution as long as you have a product key and it seems to help if you have a Microsoft account of some sort, or at least an email address associated with an account. I haven't tried it without one so I don't know what happens if you don't.

Good Luck!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:37 PM
  • Just updating an old thread to current: This my exact experience in November 2016 for Streets & Trips 2013 ...no suggested fix on any other thread I found worked. Calling Microsoft [still] works in mid-Nov 2016. The license error was repaired within 20 minutes (including the download time and install of Streets & Trips 2011, since the license reset tool only works on S&T 2011).

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 8:21 PM
  • This error occured today with my st2015 that has worked for past two years.

I called and talked to support

They did not have an updated tool to fix yet.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:17 PM
  • I spoke with MS today 3/1/2017 and they told me they have no support for this problem. I mentioned some of the solutions on this thread and the tech asked me if one of you have a confirmation or case number from your microsoft discussion. He explained this could allow him to look up the previous solution and apply it to my system. Do you have the Case# still from your conversation? I know its a long shot but SandT is down on all of our computers now and nothing out there can replace it that I have seen. 
    Thursday, March 2, 2017 12:55 AM
  • I am beginning to believe this was done on purpose and Microsoft can fix and won't.
    I have 2013,  has been installed on my laptop w/windows 10 from the day win10 was available
    Have never had a problem until a few days ago .It started to freeze or if I had other programs opened such as being on the internet
     problems of slowness and freezing would occur
     Yesteerday it forze completely so I had to shut down and do a restart
    The restart took unusually long and when it did a blue screen came up
    I rebooted again and when everything loaded I tried opening Streets and trips and received this same error
     I have not tried reinstalling it with my cd
     I did try a restore that did not work and an uninstal and repair that did not work
    Found one of those software programs like utility teck that says downlaod and fix the issue
     Not sure if it would workbut hate to install something that waits until you rready to use and then pops up a price
    Saturday, March 25, 2017 10:56 AM
  • Microsoft wont provide any support now. Can you tell us how it was fixed?
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 4:30 PM