none
On logging in, I see error, "EAccessViolation" in a window titled "Alcwzrd" RRS feed

• Question

• Ever since I first installed WHS and logged in, I see an error pop up, "EAccessViolation" in a small window with the title, "Alcwzrd".  What does it mean and what do I do to fix it?  As far as I know, it has not caused any problems, but I've reached a point now where I have the leisure to fix it.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:14 PM

Answers

• Alcwzrd seems to be a program for the Realtek Audio drives. As WHS has the audio disabled, I'm not surprised. There isn't really anything you can do but uninstall the Realtek programs
    • Marked as answer by pksky Friday, November 14, 2008 5:16 PM
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:53 PM
  • You could also try to open Services in Control Panel/Administrative Tools and adjust the Windows Audio service from Disabled to Autostart and start it.
    It's not a supported scenario, and if you do not need sound on the server, it is better to leave the sound card without a driver (and disable sound in the Bios), which is a potential destabilizer of the system.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, November 14, 2008 7:43 AM

All replies

• Alcwzrd seems to be a program for the Realtek Audio drives. As WHS has the audio disabled, I'm not surprised. There isn't really anything you can do but uninstall the Realtek programs
    • Marked as answer by pksky Friday, November 14, 2008 5:16 PM
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:53 PM
  • You could also try to open Services in Control Panel/Administrative Tools and adjust the Windows Audio service from Disabled to Autostart and start it.
    It's not a supported scenario, and if you do not need sound on the server, it is better to leave the sound card without a driver (and disable sound in the Bios), which is a potential destabilizer of the system.
    Olaf
    Friday, November 14, 2008 7:43 AM

• Evaders99 said:

Alcwzrd seems to be a program for the Realtek Audio drives. As WHS has the audio disabled, I'm not surprised. There isn't really anything you can do but uninstall the Realtek programs

Olaf Engelke said:

You could also try to open Services in Control Panel/Administrative Tools and adjust the Windows Audio service from Disabled to Autostart and start it.
    Olaf

The Windows Audio Service was on Automatic and not Disabled.  I tried disabling the service and that didn't work.  I tried removing the drivers and on the reboot, disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS and that worked.
    • Edited by pksky Friday, November 14, 2008 5:17 PM
    Friday, November 14, 2008 5:17 PM