none
Missing post on Hibernation issue. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I appear to be unable to find a new question I posted earlier today about WHS hibernation and losing the default gateway setting on resumption.

Was it deleted for some reason?  Or can someone please point me to the post if it has been moved to another section.  Thanks.

Sunday, February 1, 2009 1:20 AM

All replies

• I don't see another post by you on that subject. But I can tell you that, if you're having networking problems after resuming from hibernation, it's guaranteed to be a driver or hardware issue, not a WHS issue.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, February 1, 2009 4:55 AM
  • Microsoft issued an update to Vista to deal with exactly the same issue.  When I had XP installed on the same hardware (prior to building the WHS server) it would hibernate and resume absolutely fine.  It's unlikely that WHS would require different drivers to the ones I have on my discs for XP would it?
    Sunday, February 1, 2009 11:40 AM
  • Please use drivers for Windows Server 2003 if available, as Windows Home Server is built on top of a version of that operating system. While XP and Windows Server 2003 are similar in many ways, there are differences, and XP drivers are not guaranteed to deliver full functionality in the Windows Server 2003 environment.

Also please note that not all Windows Server 2003 drivers are created equal (some are simply XP drivers flagged as compatible for example). Your best bet is always hardware that's listed in the Windows Server catalog as being tested with Windows Server 2003.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, February 1, 2009 12:53 PM
  • Thanks Ken.

I've been looking at a utility to run on resumption from Hibernation to reset the IP stack.  There is a program which would do the trick (Hibernate Trigger 1.5) but I can't find a copy of it anywhere!  (It's freeware).
    Sunday, February 1, 2009 1:24 PM