Cannot save a local disk error : HRESULT : 0x800700001 RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup a Windows Home server on my HP Mediasmart and I have configured two windows 7 pc to connect to it. I can save one of them without any problem but I got an error message during the saving process for the other one. the WHSTOOLKIT does not gice any error.
    The detail from the saving list spek about COMexception : incorrect function (Eception of HRESULT :0x80070001) at
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionforHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at Microsft HomeServer Common Client Win32 Throou askError()

What is th eproblem and how Ican saolved it??

uninstalling and installing again the connector does not solved the problem....
    Monday, December 14, 2009 9:33 PM

All replies

• I don't have an answer, but, I'm interested in the solution since I have the same issue.  It's my Windows 7 client I use for a HTPC.  The only odd thing I can think of is I wiped out the 100 MB partition on mine and only have one partition.  Not sure why it would matter though.   If I can't resolve I'll be reinstalling Windows 7.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:21 AM
  • Did you try already to open a cmd prompt "as Administrator" and run chkdsk /f /r against the drive, for which backup fails?
    Also looking into the event log of the client may help to figure out the cause.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:17 AM
  • I tried the chkdsk /f /r on the client. It found some bad clusters, but, it did not solve the back-up issue.  Same error as before.  I'm going for a reformat of the Windows 7 client as the next step.
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 3:23 AM
  • If there are bad clusters, these may be the reason for Volume Shadow copies fo fail. This should also manifest itself in the event log. Without Volume Shadow copies WHS backup does not work.
    The only method you can try is not only to reformat, but also delete the partition affected by the damaged sectors. Creating a new partition should allow the disk to map these sectors out and give your a clean partition. If this also starts to develop damaged sectors, its time to change the disk.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, December 21, 2009 10:46 AM