Sample code / Demo projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Due to the abscence of the Sync Designer, it will help immensely if you can post either or all of the following:

• Documentation for Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.Client, Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.Server and Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.dll
    • Sample code : Any demo projects

Regards,

Kk

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 6:17 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:31 AM

Answers

• No worries Rafik...  So I'm not going 'loopy', I was just too quick off the mark! Thats a relief.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards,
    Glen
    Monday, January 29, 2007 4:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Kamalkanth,

Thanks for you interest in trying out Sync Services for ADO.NET. I am looking forward for your feedback!

We are working on documentation and sample code as we speak. I would expect to see it out in the next week of February. For now, I will post one or more sample projects to get you started with the sync framework. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Rafik

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:50 PM
  • RafiK:

Where will these be posted, in here?  Or on the Orcas page?  I can't wait!  Many thanks!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 6:25 PM
  • Hi William,

I am working on uploading the sample right now. I don't think it is possible to post to the forum, so I am looking for other options. I expect to post a link to the sample project shortly.

I cannot wait either, just few technicalities are delaying me :)

Thanks,
    Rafik

Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:35 PM
  • All,

Good news! The sample is up. Check out the announcement message from more information.

More details on my blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/synchronizer
    Download the sample at:  http://blogs.msdn.com/synchronizer/attachment/1531408.ashx

Enjoy, and stay tuned from more samples to come.

Thanks,
    Rafik

Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:40 PM
  • Excellent. Thanks!
    Friday, January 26, 2007 3:09 PM
  • You might add a line in the Readme.txt file that advises folks to click Synchronize to create clientdb.sdf before clicking the Random ... buttons. It's not immediately evident that the Synchronize click handler creates the database.

See http://oakleafblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/microsoft-releases-synchronization.html.

--rj

Sunday, January 28, 2007 1:01 AM

• Good suggestion. Thanks for pointing this out Roger!

I've updated the package (v1.2) with a note in readme.txt + an error message that will pop up if the local database does not exist.

Sunday, January 28, 2007 8:15 PM
  • Hi Rafik (and all forum lurkers.. )
    I'm obviously missing something basic with the setup of Demo 1 or there is something with my setup that is causing this Demo not to work as expected..

This is what I did (about 10 times)
    Created the 'pub' database (ran demo.sql up to the 'Test Marker' as instructed)
    Compiled & Ran the demo app
    Hit the Synchronize button (thanks Roger), the ProgressForm displays and I immediately get the message  "Table '[order_details]' does not exist"
    Closed the app, confirmed that the SQL Compact database had actually been created..(clientdb.sdf)
    Opened clientdb.sdf in Visual Studio and found that there are no tables inside it.

I've stepped thru the code and it throws the exception on:
              SyncContext x = syncAgent.GetChanges("order_details");
    Given that there is no table, that is understandable...

It appears that the tables should be created by the Sync Agent, but it seems they are not... and the code doesn't fail during the supposed creation.

Any pointers would be appreciated... be brutal... have I missed something obvious?

Cheers,
    Glen

Monday, January 29, 2007 4:01 AM
  •  

Hi Glen,

My bad. You seem to have downloaded the very first package I've put up. Actually, this issue was reported on my blog (thanks to Scott Miller). This line you pasted above slipped in by mistake and should have been removed before I put the package up for download.

Any ways, sorry for that. You could either delete this line or download the latest version (V1.2) from the same location.

Thanks,
    Rafik 

Monday, January 29, 2007 4:35 AM
  • No worries Rafik...  So I'm not going 'loopy', I was just too quick off the mark! Thats a relief.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards,
    Glen
    Monday, January 29, 2007 4:40 AM
  •  

Hi Rafik,

I was looking for sync services framework tutorials and demo projects if anything available; for our microsoft practice presentation. I'm unable to download the latest version you uploaded due to web page error. Could you please do the needful? I appreciate you help on this.

Thanks

Jagan S.

s.jagans@yahoo.com

Sunday, August 17, 2008 2:58 PM