CRM opportunities error RRS feed

• Question

• I am runing CRM Dynamics 4.0. Everything was working fine untill I notised today that in Opportunities when I or any user  tries to close the opportunity I get the error

Error Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Full Stack:
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Dialogs.CloseOppPage.ConfigureForm()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.hannanprint_sfa_opps_dlg_closeopp_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Other Message: 
    Error Number:
    Source File:
    Not available

Line Number:
    Not available

Request URL:
    http://hpscrm/Hannanprint/sfa/opps/dlg_closeopp.aspx?pId={912000F3-1E6C-DE11-8BF6-0050569A668A}&pType=3

I havent done any changes. The only change I did was I added some field in to the Opportunites window that was a couple of monther back.

What should be the cause and the fix for this

Thanks
    Sahan
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Sahan,

are there any Java Scripts or PlugIns for the entity?

You should remove/disable them for testing.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:00 AM
  • Hi Viele ,

There are no java scripts ib the form

Thanks
    Sahan
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:36 AM