none
Determine who is using Outlook Customer Manager ? RRS feed

• Question

• We've been advised of the upcoming retirement.
    We have some users on perpetual Office software suites and some users in Office 365.

Is this available to both or it's strictly an Office 365 feature?
    Is there a way to tell in the MS 365 admin consoles who is using it?

Or any ideas of what to check using a batch script ?

Thursday, February 20, 2020 2:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to our forum.

Here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client but your question is more related to Office 365 for admins, so it is suggested to post a new thread to the dedicated Answers community for Office 365 for admins:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=All&isFilterExpanded=false&page=1

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding and hope your question will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 20, 2020 6:36 AM
  • Hi,

If you have post your issue, in order to close this thread, please kindly mark helpful replies or your own reply as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are having this similar issue.  

Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 24, 2020 8:14 AM
  • Is the customer manager available to use by those having only perpetual Office suite ? (retail box/keycode) i.e. users without an OFFice365 sub cannot possibly use it ?
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 9:44 PM
  • Hi OttIT,

Thanks for your reply.

Just as I said, here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client so I can't give you an accurate answer here.

It is suggested to go to the dedicated Answers community for Office 365 for admins for more information.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:41 AM
  • You are confusing me because I *AM* talking about the desktop client and not the webmail nor mobile apps.

I have some users with MS365 subs - they still get the DESKTOP versions of the Office apps, in this case Outlook 2016. Other users have the DESKTOP apps with perpetual license (retail box or key code).

To rephrase my previous question of Feb 26, are you trying to say that the Outlook CRM is only available to users licensed via MS365 ?

Sunday, May 31, 2020 2:59 PM