INVALID KEY RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased "Windows Server 2003 Standard" from a company called ELECSURF.  It was downloaded as an ISO file and burnt to CD.  The product will not boot.  The key is ( edit: PK deleted ).  ELECSURF has no customer service number and to date has not responed to my email with any helpful information.  I was wondering if this key might be fraudulent.

• Edited by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:28 PM removed Product Key
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hello afustos,

I hope you paid via a method that allows you to file a claim and get your money back.

The method of sale (download an iso and self-burn to disc) is a classic method that unscrupulous sellers use to sell pirated software.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:04 PM

All replies

• Since you posted the product key publically, rest assured it is no longer a valid product key even if it was valid originally.  Chances are it was bogus to begin with since you cannot contact the seller.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:04 PM
  • Hello afustos,

I hope you paid via a method that allows you to file a claim and get your money back.

The method of sale (download an iso and self-burn to disc) is a classic method that unscrupulous sellers use to sell pirated software.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:04 PM