How can I make a change in Server Storage Disks "Status" RRS feed

• Question

• We are developing an Add-in that is disk related. Right now the disks that we use i our add-in show as "Not Added" in WHS Server Storage Tab. How  can we change the status of those disks to show that they are being used by our add-in. Maybe change the "Not Added" to "Used" or something like that.

We have looked at the SDK for current WHS or vail, and neither one allows us to change that field. I know microsoft position is that they do not want any changes in the standard WHS tabs, but this is very critical for our add-in. So any help from microsoft of anybody in this forum will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regads,

BJ

BJ
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:36 PM

All replies

• You can't change the status of disks. Windows Home Server controls that. In Vail, you can supplement the information shown in various ways, but as far as I can see you still can't add an entire new section for e.g. "Bahmanj Dedicated Disks".
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:47 PM
  • Thanks a lot Ken for the reply. I just actually loaded the latest Vail and starting to play with it. You said: You can supplement the information shown in various ways. That Might be good enough for me. Can you please let me know how would I supplement the inforamation?

Best Regards

BahmanJ

BJ
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 10:48 PM
  • Please read the SDK documentation carefully. You may not find the specifics (i.e. "do this, then do that, then this other thing") in there, but you should at least find the APIs you need.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, September 27, 2010 1:24 AM