Non Genuine Office RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I work for a corporate in Australia, and when running Windows update, suddenly received a message that my Office 2003 is not genuine. The message is that the key was issued to a large corporate client - my computer belongs to that large corporate client!

MGA diagnostic for Office gives:

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 - 100 Genuine
    Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.7.105.35
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-231-1

Can anyone help?

Monday, February 9, 2009 5:56 AM

Answers

• Good Morning Kiwiguy72,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum. Right now, your computer has a Volume License (VL) edition of Windows XP Professional and a blocked installation of Office XP Professional with FrontPage installed. The installations were done with a now-blocked Volume License Key (VLK). VLKs are blocked by Microsoft at the request of the original product key holder for various reasons such as the product key was lost, stolen, compromised, misused, or expired. Also, MS may have blocked the key if it notices a pattern of misuse, i.e., more installations using that key than authorized.

As a rule, VL editions should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers.  Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP is Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.  Please ask your systems administrator to logon to the eOpen site (https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp) and confirm what your company’s assigned VLK.  Sometimes how customers find themselves in this situation is that when their IT department was creating their VL image to be deployed to their desktops, they sometimes inadvertently use an incorrect product key because it was handy.

Stephen

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, February 9, 2009 5:46 PM
    Monday, February 9, 2009 5:45 PM