Can't install connect software in WHS-phantom installation RRS feed

• Question

• Setup WHS no problems have it running on a laptop and 2 desktops all VISTA Business. Now my other two computers will not laod the connect software (one is XP Biz and other Vista Biz-sorry my company went out of business had to do something with all my comp.)

Anyway I get the following message:

"Cannot connect the computer to the server because either another software installation is in progress, or, the computer has a restart pending. Either complete the installation process, or ,restart the computer and try to connect it again."

Ok I've rebooted both computers several times and still the same message. It not the connection because I can remote into WHS from the browsers. I don't know what software installation failed and what is holding it up.. I unistalled AVG and reinstalled AVG 2011 so it will install a program. I'm a little lost here..

Monday, February 21, 2011 7:16 PM

Answers

• There are several threads on here with the same issue.  Here is a link to one that has an answer.  There are several more though.  You may have to look a bit.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whsvailbeta/thread/a90b4679-d2dc-4820-94f0-dce22da245a4

D.W.
    Monday, February 21, 2011 7:29 PM