3 questions RRS feed

• Question

Q 1: Why does Admin tool tell me that Live Search has indexed 1400 Pages, when I only have140?

Q2: Why is my own website among the top 10 Back links?

Q3: Why does a search on “buss ruter” (Norwegian) give hit on result page one and two with the same website?

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=buss+ruter&form=QBRE

(website: dinstartside.no/Buss+ruter.aspx)

Best regards

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Energy,

First, I would like to thank you for taking an active part on the forums.

In regards to the pages indexed, it looks like a bug. The first page showed the 1,400+ page results, but when I clicked through all the pages(16), the results changed to 154. I ran the query again and it remained 154.

I believe we are working on a solution to the backlinks issue to include in the next release.

Not sure what you are getting at with #3. I didn't see the reference you are referring to.

Brett

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Energy,

First, I would like to thank you for taking an active part on the forums.

In regards to the pages indexed, it looks like a bug. The first page showed the 1,400+ page results, but when I clicked through all the pages(16), the results changed to 154. I ran the query again and it remained 154.

I believe we are working on a solution to the backlinks issue to include in the next release.

Not sure what you are getting at with #3. I didn't see the reference you are referring to.

Brett

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:47 PM
  • Thanks Brett!

Q1: OK

Q2: OK
    Q3: Well, since Live Messenger don’t support any 301 redirect, the page I describe  is a goner. I changed it from  buss+ruter.aspx to buss_ruter.aspx right after posting, and now the page is penalised as double content until Live Search stops indexing the first page.. Is there any chance that you are going to support image upload for this forum?

Best regards.

Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:50 AM