ms crm 2011 e-mail router and formated e-mails RRS feed

• Question

• We use the MS CRM 2011 email-router for importing e-Mails to MS CRM 2011, Rollup 8.

BUT each email lost all format informations (grids, colours, bold, etc) if we use the router.

Using outlook-Client - that works fine.

does anyone have an idea?

Friday, July 20, 2012 3:08 PM

All replies

• What are the steps that you are going through to create the email?

Are the emails losing formatting when they are promoted to CRM using the email router?

Friday, July 20, 2012 4:26 PM
  • What we did:

we created an email with tables, colours, bold characters, etc. in Outlook (formatting in Word).

Mail Looks fine.

then we send this email to the email-router of 2011/rollup 8.

Within CRM we opened this email. all formatted Information (tables, etc) - we get rid of it.

if we do the same using Outlook mail and using regarding object within Outlook instead of router - all works fine also within the email activity.

I will take care to get an Image of Outlook and the result.

thanks.

Dietmar

Friday, July 20, 2012 4:37 PM
  • It looks like it removes the HTML code from the email once it reaches the CRM server. This might be by design.

1. Have you tried turning off the email router on your server and using CRM for Outlook client as your "email router"?
    2. Try sending the email message using the email Mail Merge feature and send it as an HTML email (where it goes to Microsoft Word and sends the email from there).

Friday, July 20, 2012 5:17 PM
  • add 1: yes we tried it works - but is not preferred method in this case.

add 2: I get an email FROM OUTSIDE in my mail and using the router in my crm. Mail merge makes sense in this szenario?

by Design: you might be right... but I have no understanding that this should be in developers intention. Why???

Friday, July 20, 2012 8:57 PM
  • I've usually found it to be by design where HTML formatting isn't preserved when sending email in certain ways using CRM.  Some methods of emailing in CRM (e.g. through email templates, direct email) appear to remove or exclude HTML formatting from the emails. I can't speak for the developers; however, it appears that HTML isn't fully supported in all methods of emailing when using CRM.

I recommend using the email mail merge through Microsoft Word method to ensure that your emails keep their HTML formatting.

If incoming email in your Outlook isn't preserving its HTML formatting, then there might be a different issue. Is your Outlook set up to view text only or does it allow you to view HTML formatted emails? Is all incoming email in your Outlook losing its HTML formatting, or is it just for the incoming emails created by the CRM email router server?
    • Edited by An2011 Friday, July 20, 2012 9:50 PM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 9:44 PM
  • thanks for you effort.

email-Merge: how should that work if I get an email from outside (created in Google mail, Outlook, etc), using the CRM-router into the CRM? If i create an email - ok. Or do you think that i might be possible that an email create using a certain method (mail merge) preserves the formatting also when using router?

I can not influence how someone creates its emails....

Many thanks to you...

Dietmar

Saturday, July 21, 2012 9:03 AM
    1. In the User record, what does the "E-mail access type - Incoming" dropdown menu show?
    2. In the User record, what does the "E-mail access type - Outgoing" dropdown menu show?
    3. Do sent emails tracked into CRM also lose their formatting in the CRM email record?
    Monday, July 23, 2012 3:04 PM