OneCare ripped me off RRS feed

• Question

•  

I bought this very nice Toshiba laptop to keep intouch with the family. It came with a 90 days subscription to OneCare. When I put in the registration code that I had bought along with the laptop for a year subscription I lost the extra 90 days of subscription. 90 days might not sound like much, but a quarter year means somethin to me. I feel ripped off. I assumed when I put in the registration code it would be accumlative but it wasn't. Now I am very frustrated with Microsoft.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:14 PM

Answers

• Your Toshiba laptop came with a 90 day trial, not a subscription. Sorry for the misunderstanding. As with all trials they end when the trial period ends, when the software is uninstalled or when the product or service is purchased.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:56 PM

All replies

• Your Toshiba laptop came with a 90 day trial, not a subscription. Sorry for the misunderstanding. As with all trials they end when the trial period ends, when the software is uninstalled or when the product or service is purchased.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:56 PM
  • Trial or not. I had 90 days which were taken from me. You say as with all trials as if it is common sense. I don't mean to be rude, however I remain frustrated with microsoft for this. Where in the agreement I signed did it say I would lose any remaining days?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:41 PM