Redminder -- Windows Home Server Connect Site has been Moved! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, All,

We have moved Windows Home Server Connect Program to the following site:

https://connect.microsoft.com/SBS

The URL will be changed, the connect programs including feedbacks and downloads will not be changed. Please use following site for connect feedbacks now:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/SBS/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx

The original Home Server Connect site will be closed after 6/30/2012.

Thank You for Your Support!

Windows Home Server Team

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows HSBS Program Manager

Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your time and notification. It’s really a good website to send feedback.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 22, 2012 6:15 AM
  • It is not clear from your post what will happen to the content of the original Home Server Connect site once that site is closed.

Will the existing feedback be transferred over to the new site to preserve the record, or will it simply be deleted so that we can no longer refer to it?

Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:25 AM
  • Well, I think we've got our answer - Microsoft has just sent all the history of feedback, bugs and suggestions for WHS to the big bit-bucket in the sky... I'm not impressed.

Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:46 PM
  • I agree, there was a lot of information in there. I don�??t think all of it was transferred to the �??Wiki�?� if that is what they were trying to do.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 11:14 PM
  • Hi,

I understand there is confusion about the existing content of WHS connects.

They are not disappearing. Every item on connect site has a correspondent bug in Microsoft internal Bug database.

We were trying to close all issues on WHS connect site in the past 2 month, for remaining outstanding issues, we will continue to track them in the internal bug data base, and will communicate to customers via emails.

Thank You!

Ning

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows HSBS Program Manager

Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:53 AM
  • Ning,

What happened to the WHS NDA Partner content?  I can't find it.  Where did it move to?

--

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

Hi,

They are not disappearing. Every item on connect site has a correspondent bug in Microsoft internal Bug database.

We were trying to close all issues on WHS connect site in the past 2 month, for remaining outstanding issues, we will continue to track them in the internal bug data base, and will communicate to customers via emails.

Thank You!

Ning

BullDawg
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 3:37 AM
  • Hi,

Thank You!

Ning

They may not be "disappeared" to you - but they are certainly "disappeared" to us - we certainly don't have access to Microsoft's internal bug database.

By removing the record of the feedback from the Connect web site, you are removing a useful resource. What will happen is that you will now get the same old questions popping up all over again. In fact, it's already started:

https://connect.microsoft.com/SBS/feedback/details/749140/show-folder-size-in-the-server-folders-tab

Thursday, July 5, 2012 7:16 AM
  • Hi,

Before the move, there were high possibilities of duplications between different connect sites too, due to the similarity of underline code case.

Now that the connect bug volume is relatively low, it is OK for user to search the new combined site for duplications, and we can take the extra time to do the internal search that has captured all historical feedbacks, including Vail Beta.

If user filed a duplicated bug, we will let you know and share the history.

Thank you.

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows Server Program Manager

Friday, July 6, 2012 11:19 AM
  • Where is WHS v1 feedback kept?  Were there high possibilities of duplication there also?  Was historical feedback also captured for v1?

--

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

Hi,

Before the move, there were high possibilities of duplications between different connect sites too, due to the similarity of underline code case.

Now that the connect bug volume is relatively low, it is OK for user to search the new combined site for duplications, and we can take the extra time to do the internal search that has captured all historical feedbacks, including Vail Beta.

If user filed a duplicated bug, we will let you know and share the history.

Thank you.

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows Server Program Manager

BullDawg
    Friday, July 6, 2012 3:57 PM
  • Yes. They are all kept in the bug database.

Thanks.

Friday, July 6, 2012 5:48 PM
  • Hmmm, this email from  Connect Support states all Feedback information is NOT available.

" Hello William,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Thank you for contacting the Microsoft Connect Help team. We have opened SR 351396 to track this request.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>The Windows Home Server site is closed. The business group requested this, therefore all the feedback and links will not be available. The link you used to get to the connect site is hosted by a third party other than Microsoft and we cannot change the links.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>Please let me know if you have other questions.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>Thanks,<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>Mike Ihlenfeldt (Chinasoft International)<o:p></o:p>

Connect Support<o:p></o:p>

EPX Service Engineering Tier 1"

--

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

Yes. They are all kept in the bug database.

Thanks.

BullDawg
    Saturday, July 7, 2012 2:10 AM
  • Information is not available publicly anymore for Windows Home Server v1 or for Windows Home Server 2011.

The bug databases for these products still exists internally and the bugs are still there is what Ning is saying and they can use these bugs to track for known issues and regressions as they work forward on Windows Server 2012 Essentials.

If you file a bug against Windows Home Server on the replacement Connect site, it will to the same internal database and can be tracked against existing WHS bugs.

http://www.tomontech.com

Saturday, July 7, 2012 2:44 AM
  • Thank you Tom.  I know they can use them, but how can I use them?  The bugs, feedback, and suggestions contained a wealth of information as to work arounds and other solutions.  If this information is not available to the public, then it is a sad day for everyone.  I feel strongly about this and I am not about to back down from my position.  I know I may be beating a "dead horse" but as long as a part of the carcass remains, I will continue beating.  End of Life for v1 is not until Jan 8, 2013.  I feel very strongly the information should not have been removed from Connect until at least that date.

--

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

Information is not available publicly anymore for Windows Home Server v1 or for Windows Home Server 2011.

The bug databases for these products still exists internally and the bugs are still there is what Ning is saying and they can use these bugs to track for known issues and regressions as they work forward on Windows Server 2012 Essentials.

If you file a bug against Windows Home Server on the replacement Connect site, it will to the same internal database and can be tracked against existing WHS bugs.

http://www.tomontech.com

BullDawg
    Saturday, July 7, 2012 3:35 AM