How do I hide the annoying Live Mesh windows RRS feed

• Question

• When using the remote desktop and exploring Live Mesh folders (on the local PC) live mesh displays a window to the right hand side of explorer or the remote desktop window. The one with the explorer window can be collapsed to a sliver but the one with remote desktop cannot.

Is there any way to get rid of these windows because they take up valuable room and I don't really need them? I can't find an option anywhere...

Thanks,
    LJ
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:08 AM

Answers

• Hi LJ,

The mesh bar cannot be disabled I'm afraid, though it is minimized (in Explorer) by default now - in response to customer requests.  Feel free to add a request for the ability to disable it altogether to our Suggestions sticky!

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:36 PM
  • Actually, the Remote Desktop "sidebar" is also collapsible; there is a chevron near the top right (it isn't too easy to spot, take your time). It doesn't "remember" its last state though (expand/collapse) like the Explorer "sidebar" does now. So, you'll have to collapse it every time. You can also go full-screen of course.

Almost forgot, the Explorer "sidebar" now remains visible (in whatever state you want) even when the window is maximized. No more jerky "hide" animations on XP. Yay!

Finally, the "Mesh pop-up" that appears on mousing over the tray-icon, disappears fluidly and instantly when you take your mouse away.
    • Marked as answer by Laughing John Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:00 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2008 4:54 AM

All replies

• Hi LJ,

The mesh bar cannot be disabled I'm afraid, though it is minimized (in Explorer) by default now - in response to customer requests.  Feel free to add a request for the ability to disable it altogether to our Suggestions sticky!

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:36 PM
  • Actually, the Remote Desktop "sidebar" is also collapsible; there is a chevron near the top right (it isn't too easy to spot, take your time). It doesn't "remember" its last state though (expand/collapse) like the Explorer "sidebar" does now. So, you'll have to collapse it every time. You can also go full-screen of course.

Almost forgot, the Explorer "sidebar" now remains visible (in whatever state you want) even when the window is maximized. No more jerky "hide" animations on XP. Yay!

Finally, the "Mesh pop-up" that appears on mousing over the tray-icon, disappears fluidly and instantly when you take your mouse away.
    • Marked as answer by Laughing John Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:00 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2008 4:54 AM
  • It's the remote desktop one that's most annoying as I like to maximize the desktop on a separate monitor. I mean it as a constructive criticism!

Thanks,
    LJ

• Edited by Laughing John Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:02 AM !!!!
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:02 AM