I have this problem RRS feed

• Question

• PP3 has successfully added WHS network shares to my libraries except "Documents" folder

I needed to manually add "documents" folder to my libraries - but I needed to make that folder available offline first before my libraries would sync the data in it.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:18 PM

Answers

• ... Another weird thing is - when in console view - the document folder icon is a generic one, not like the music, video icons wich have the glass look.
    That's normal.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:16 PM

All replies

• That is odd!

I would suggest filing a bug on Connect, including information about which Win 7 build you are running.

Andrew
    MVP - Windows Home Server http://usingwindowshomeserver.com
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:26 PM
  • I filled a bug already... Another weird thing is - when in console view - the document folder icon is a generic one, not like the music, video icons wich have the glass look.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:32 PM
  • ... Another weird thing is - when in console view - the document folder icon is a generic one, not like the music, video icons wich have the glass look.
    That's normal.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:16 PM
  • Weird... I thought for sure before PP3 that the icon had a glass look to it...why would PP3 change that?
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:17 PM
  • This also happens to me and what is confusing is the explanation on this. The bug that you filed - 477032 was Closed (By Design).

Here is the information on this :
    "Thanks for the feedback. What you have described is by design behavior and this feedback item will be resolved as such.

Thanks again for taking the time to download and test Power Pack 3.
    -Windows Home Server Team

Posted by Microsoft on 8/1/2009 at 3:39 PM"

Either I am missing something or just not understanding what MS means by this. "Design Behavior" and "will be resolved as such", what does that mean we will always need to "add" Documents with this?

Don
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 5:23 PM
  • I am asking the question, why isn't the documents on WHS in the Library on Win7 RTM I have to add it???
    Don
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 11:10 PM
  • I know... stupid eh? don't know why they closed it.
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 11:12 PM