one care install RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a One care subscription that was on my computer.  My computer crashed and I had to reformat the hard drive.  How do I install again without resubscribing?  Also, my email account has changed to AngelaHDurr@aol.com from ADurr@charter.net

Thanks,

A Durr

Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:44 AM

Answers

• If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated originally, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use a different LiveID. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

Changing your email doesn't cause the LiveID to become invalid. That original LiveID is the key to your subscription and Billing account and cannot be transferred to a new LiveID.

If the activation dialog already contains a LiveID from a prior attempt or one used in trial mode, but this is not the one you need to activate with to associate it with your subscription, see this post for how to reset this - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2776450&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:05 PM