none
Error While Submitting / Replying on MSDN Forum RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am very strange to see this issue on MSDN Forum. And it is not first time. I am facing this on daily bases don't know why.

I login on the MSDN forum to post or reply on the forum post but even though i login and click on reply/ post question it is not giving me the answer/ question screen instead of it gives me the below screen where i need to click continue (not one time, it is like 3-4 times)

Moreover, Some time at one place it shows me that i am login and on the same page other place it gives me the sign in button to login. if i don't click and just do my reply or question button it gives me above screen directly.

I am .Net / SharePoint User. So, I can understand that might be because of session time out or cookie but i am doing that continueously not like after login, i use again after a hour or like... so, there is something to resolved.

Even When I Click Submit after posting this error or any error/ reply i need to copy my content in notepad to avoid re-type because of first screen.

Thanks & Regards, Brijesh Shah

Friday, April 6, 2012 6:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• I login on the MSDN forum to post or reply on the forum post but even though i login and click on reply/ post question it is not giving me the answer/ question screen instead of it gives me the below screen where i need to click continue (not one time, it is like 3-4 times)

Moreover, Some time at one place it shows me that i am login and on the same page other place it gives me the sign in button to login. if i don't click and just do my reply or question button it gives me above screen directly.

Since you are using  IE  you could try pressing Ctrl-F5 in case there is a problem in your TIF.   Also, when you have trouble connecting some have found it useful to use InPrivate Browsing mode, e.g. press Ctrl-Shift-P  for that.

Even When I Click Submit after posting this error or any error/ reply i need to copy my content in notepad to avoid re-type because of first screen.

That's a given IMO.   Always copy your work at least to ClipBoard with a Ctrl-a, Ctrl-c  before clicking Submit.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 6, 2012 10:39 AM
  • Hi Robert,

This is not the issue with IE only. That i got with Mozilla and Chrome as well. So, I don't think the browser has an issue with. None of other found the issue like this ? any resolution ?

Thanks & Regards, Brijesh Shah

Monday, April 9, 2012 4:22 AM
  • None of other found the issue like this ? any resolution ?

MVPs  Kathleen Anderson and Peter Thornton had threads like this...

Kathleen thought that she had found something that helped...

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/reportabug/thread/b72def1e-344d-4adf-9be3-e550bdb977d6

(BING search for
        kathleen anderson peter thornton site:microsoft.com
    )

See my last comment in that thread.   Hope it helps you.

Good luck

Robert
    ---

Monday, April 9, 2012 1:57 PM