none
Windows code signing certificate - what is the reader and cryptographic card for? RRS feed

• Question

• I was looking at this code signing certificate on Certum:

https://en.sklep.certum.pl/data-safety/code-signing-certificates/open-source-code-signing-930.html

It has two options, either with "reader and cryptographic card" (86 EUR) or without (28 EUR).

I've contacted Certum about it and they say:

> From this year Microsoft requires to install code signing certificate on cryptographic card and reader is used to read this card

However I cannot find any information about this on the internet or official Microsoft website (It's possible I'm not searching for the right keywords since the Certum page is translated from Polish).

Is it true that this card and device are absolutely necessary to sign the software? Any idea where I can find information about all this?
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I will move your thread later since this forum is for submitting and publishing apps related issues and it is not so appropriate for this thread to be here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Annievia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:44 AM
  • Hello,

I had put this post in App development initially as I assume those who develop apps will also know how to sign them.

I'm a bit surprised how hard it is to find any clear information how to sign an app, what is a key reader, etc.

Is there any chance this post could be put back in the App development forum? If not, please could you let me know where I could ask information about this?

Thank you,

Laurent

Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:16 PM