OCS 2007 R2 ADUC not showing "Enable users for Communication server RRS feed

• Question

• I have followed the domentation to installing the Communication server. I cannot get the options to appear in Active Directory Users and Computers. We are running all Server 2008 x64 (including the DC's and the new OCS). This is the first one ever installed in this domain. We only have one domain in our forest. The setup shows all the ADpreps and everything else went right.

I have already tried to run dsa.msc in 32bit mode (dsa.msc -32)

I have added:

_sipinternal -- sip.<domain>
    _sipinternaltls -- sip.<domain>

and a host A record for sip.<domain> going to the servers IP address. I have setup a CA and send the certificate request to it and everything.. I am at a loss!

If I goto the MMC and add the OCS2007R2 snapin and click on my forest, standard editions servers, then USERS, then right click and FIND USERS it gives me a "Could not create the query dialog"
    • Edited by Jason.Smith Friday, June 26, 2009 5:37 PM fixing double-encoding in title
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:09 PM

All replies

• You must install the Administration Tools for OCS on your DC
    Or you need to start ADUC from the OCS Server (might need to add ADUC via Server Manager if Windows 2008)

Both options should give you the Communications Tab in ADUC
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:26 PM
  • I didn;t install the OCS tools on the DC, but I did try starting ADUC on both the DC and the OCS using (dsa.exe -32) and the regular way... I will install the OCS tools on the DC and give that a try
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:29 PM
  • You only had to do dsa.exe -32 on x64 server for OCS 2007 not for OCS 2007 R2 because that is native 64-bit

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:30 PM
  • Ohh.. ok. After it didn't work the regular way I started looking and found something about that.. I'm putting the admin tools on the DC right now
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:33 PM
  • That was it.. installing the ADMIN tools to the DC gave me those context menus. I didn't see that in the deployment guide.. is it in there?
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:40 PM
  • Another Issue:

So now that I got that done... I installed the SP2 for Server 2008 and when it came back up none of the services will start

Office Communications Server ACP MCU Service startup is delayed due to errors in initializing WMI. Startup will be retried in 30 seconds

Failed to initialize the CCCP adapter.

Resolution:

Look in previous event logs for more information about this failure.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:53 PM
  • Ok I reinstalled everything and it is working now
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:25 PM